One of The Baha Men’s first Music Videos, ‘Gin & Coconut Water’ Directed by Charlie Smith and shot in The Bahamas. This is an oldie but a goodie from the group that brought you, ‘Who Let The Dogs Out’ and Directed by the creator and host of Electric Air.
Top 10 BENEFITS OF DRINKING ISLAND FRESH COCONUT WATER
- Hydration – Coconut water offers more than a delicious way to stay hydrated – Just climb a tree or ask one of the young, local neighborhood boys to chop down a few for you. While some natural coconut water brands like Vita Coco claim to have no added sugars, there’s nothing like the real deal. It’s also the ideal bikini-body friendly swap for soft drinks anyday.
- Natural – Can’t find a freshly chopped coconut? Then reach reach for a tetra pack. Preservatives are typically added to coconut water which is marketed in plastic bottles to keep the water fresh. Only tetra packed coconut water can offer the guarantee of natural coconut water with no added sugars or preservatives.
- Sweet – Coconut sugar has been described as the heathier alternative to table sugar. Made from the sap of flowers from the coconut palm tree and containing minerals like potassium, phosphorus, zinc, iron and antioxidants, coconut sugar has been present in traditional dishes in south Asian cuisine for thousands of years and is becoming popular among health food enthusiasts globally.
- Popular – Two-thirds of the world’s population are already coconut water drinkers. Asian, Caribbean and other tropical countries are high consumers of the natural hydrator, with the Western world only recently becoming enlightened to the beneficial qualities of fresh coconut water.
- Vitamins – One 330ml pack of coconut water contains more potassium than a banana, making it an ideal drink for expecting mothers and for post-workout to help avoid cramping.
- Versatile – Coconut water is gluten free and dairy free, making it suitable for vegetarians, vegans and coeliacs.
- Hygiene – Coconut oil is a key ingredient used for Oil Pulling – a wellness routine that involves swishing oil around the mouth for up to twenty minutes per day. This practice has been carried out for thousands of years and helps to promote good oral hygiene and has also been said to help common ailments ranging from allergies and skin rashes to bad breath and gum disease.
- Soft – Coconut oil offers an excellent, all-natural skin moisturizer perfect for extra dry skin, psoriasis or eczema.
- Smooth – A dab of coconut oil rubbed in the palms and then over your hair can help to smooth out frizz and add a sheen to your hair.
- Less Fat – While coconut water is the water taken from young, green coconuts, coconut milk comes from more mature coconuts and comes from the flesh of the coconut. While both have healthy qualities when incorporated wisely into your diet, coconut milk contains a higher content of fat (from 5% to 20%) and can come in various grades, from thick to thin.